Friday, November 1, 2013

Bike safety battle mat

Bike Safety Battle Mat


Here is our Crystal Caste mat serving as a hands on bike safety display for our bike rodeo pack meeting.  Much better than the poster that I was originally thinking of making.  I made it by drawing a neighborhood on the mat with Vis a Vis markers, then getting my husband to make the figures.  The images we used are from other sites so I didn't feel comfortable including a template for them here.  He photoshopped them to have a mirror image at the base so you could fold them in half and have the image on both sides.  The images were printed on card stock.  I glued the sides together, trimmed off the excess paper, and stuck the figures in plastic bases.  Our meeting was outside so I used sticky tack to hold the pieces to the board.  They could still be easily rearranged to create various scenarios for discussing bike and pedestrian safety.  All the scouts from Tigers to Webelos seemed to enjoy it.

The Duck Crossing
The ducks are crossing...what would you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment